Global Signals Group, Inc. (GSG) is a certified SBE firm formed by a team of dedicated Railroad Signal and Communications Engineers who knew they could deliver better engineering designs and service to railroad and light rail service customers worldwide.
Rande has more than 28 years of experience in designing and building railway signals and train controls. He has been a Member of The Institution of Railway Signal Engineers (MIRSE) since 2015, attained an AAS in Electrical Engineering Technology from ITT Technical Institute, successfully completed the two year BNSF Signal Apprentice Training Program with “Great Distinction”, is certified as a Tri-County Metropolitan Transportation District of Oregon Signal Maintenance Technician, and is Canadian Rail Operating Rules (CROR) and General Code of Operating Rules (GCOR) trained. His design and construction experience spans all aspects of train control systems, from relay-based interlocking controls to the latest microprocessor technologies. He has worked on design and deployment of a variety of light rail systems in Portland, Oregon, and San Diego, California, as well as the Washington County Commuter Rail system. His expertise has extended to the majority of transportation agencies throughout the Oregon Tri-County area, including Metro, Portland Bureau of Transportation, and Oregon Department of Transportation.
In addition to Rande’s vast experience, the rest of our engineering and construction team also has expertise in all aspects of rail crossing and signal projects, including commuter and freight rail systems and light rail/transit systems. Our team has experience developing both electrified (OCS and third rail) and non-electrified systems worldwide.
Global Signals Group is committed to the delivery of design, construction, and implementation of the most sophisticated train control and rail signal systems in the world. We exist to develop an environment that inspires professionalism and communication through education and training, to improve the signaling industry and the end users’ experience, and to create true customer satisfaction.
We are also often sought to troubleshoot complex issues after a project has been commissioned. Once a client works with GSG they are considered customers for life; our number one mission is customer satisfaction.
Benefits of Working With Us:
- Market Integrity – GSG has a breadth of rail construction experience which has allowed us to build valuable relationships and an excellent business reputation.
- Expertise – Engineering design and construction experience, signal engineering principles; signal construction techniques; communication implementation, and an in-depth understanding, is the key to our success.
- Construction Management – When the engineering firm that designs a project is also in charge of construction administration, the chance of errors is reduced significantly.
- Commitment – We always place our clients first, no matter how big or small the project is. We consider each and every single one of our clients to be customers for life. We are committed to doing every job right the first time and stand behind every project we deliver.
- Safety – Our firm has an outstanding safety record, providing the best rail safety practices without compromising cost or performance.
- Capability – Since we use the latest tools, techniques, and signal engineering best practices, no project is ever beyond our capabilities.
- Global Reach – We design and maintain light and freight railway as well as commuter and transit railroad signal systems anywhere around the entire world.